Thursday, January 28, 2010

Fashion Meme

I have noticed that a lot of lolita bloggers have been posting memes lately, so I decided to do one. Since I don't know if I would consider myself a lolita, officially, I decided to post a more general fashion meme.

A: What accessories do you wear everyday?

I wear two rings, a silver and gold heart shaped one with diamond chips that my boyfriend gave me, and a silver one that has a sort of vine-line design that I got from Avon. I also always wear a nose stud. I used to wear nose rings a lot, but I don't really wear them anymore, I like that the studs are discreet. I usually wear a necklace of some kind as well.


B: What is your beauty routine?

I shampoo and condition my hair, of course. I use Dove gentle exfoliating body wash, two different Biore facial cleansers (one in the morning and one at night), a night serum, and toner, moisturizer (with spf), and an under-eye brightening roller during the day. I sometimes use an asprin and honey mask that I make, I got it from a Michelle Phan tutorial.


C: What was the last item of clothing (for yourself) that you purchased?

I just ordered an off-white bolero cardigan, some off-white heels, a tote, and a headband from Bodyline. I also recently bought a simple black cardigan.


D: Do you use a dresser, closet, or both?

Both, I put t-shirts, jeans, etc. in the dresser, and hang up pieces like dresses.

E: What type of earrings are in your ears right now?

I'm not wearing any right now, but my favorites are these silver ones with little black roses on them that my boyfriend bought me at the Renissance Fair. I also like big ghetto hoops, it's one of my things.



F: What type of figure do you have?

I'm overweight, I won't lie, but I've been loosing weight. I'm short, and I'm lucky to have an hourglass shape.


G: Do you wear glasses?

I usually wear contacts, but occasionally I wear my black cat-eye frames by zip + homme




H: What type of handbag do you carry?

I change it up every 6 months or so, but I've been carrying a big shiny black pleather handbag for a while.


I: What is your ideal style?

I can't decide. Something feminine, classy, sexy, cute, fun, glamorous, that's totally me. I love lolita fashion, and I know that's not "sexy", but I like to look glam and sexy sometimes, other times I like to be cute and demure. I am inspired by Rococo, Baroque, Mideval, Renissance, Tudor, Regency, and Victorian fashions. I am inspired by many Japanese fashions, namely lolita, but I also like mori/natural-kei, fairy-kei, and hime gyaru. I live in the south, and I'm inspired by the whole southern debutante thing as well. I like poofy skirts, cardigans, sweater dresses with leggings and boots, sundresses with floppy hats, gothic fashions, sun hats, pearls, and white gloves.



J: What jewelry are you wearing right now?

Just the two rings I mentioned earlier, and my nose stud.


K: Do you wear knee-hi stockings?

Totally. I'm short, so I usually do tights or leggings though.



L: Do you *have* to wear matching lingerie?

No, but matching lingere is cute.

M: Do you wear makeup?

Yes. Most days I use primer, foundation, powder, concealer, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner, and mascara. A lot of the time I use blush and lipstick or lipgloss. Some days I just dab on a little concealer and powder.


N: Do you wear nightgowns?

I have one, I usually prefer pj pants and a tank top.

O: What outerwear do you put on when going out on a typical winters day?

I love scarves, and I have light hoodies, thicker hoodies, and a black peacoat, depending on how cold it is. I don't like thick gloves or mittens because I have trouble using my hands with them on.



P: What is your favorite perfume?

Blood Countess by Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs is my signature scent. It's lovely. I also like Avon's
Be Kissable.



Q: Is your motto "quality over quantity" when it comes to clothing and accessories?

No. I prefer to have nice things than a lot of cheap stuff. Not that I'm knocking cheap stuff, I'm not embarassed to buy things from Walmart and Goodwill. The pieces I really love though are my nicer things. Even if they didn't cost a ton, like this cocktail dress I got a Ross for twenty bucks, it's a well made dress, and I love it. I don't have a closet full of Baby, the Stars Shine Bright or Prada, but I still appreciate quality.



R: Do you wear rain boots?

No, but I really want a pair! (Oh no, another item for the list!)

S: Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold?

I'm almost always wearing socks, because my feet are always cold.


T: Do you have a set of travel luggage?

Nah, I don't travel often enough to worry about that.


U: What is your daily uniform?

I like dresses or skirts that come a little above the knee, boots or mary janes, leggings or tights, and a cardigan or light hoodie. I wear jeans and tees plenty though.


V: If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress?

I'm not married yet, but I'm sure I will, I love veils.



W: Do you wear a watch?

No, whenever I wear one I become obsessed with what time it is.

X: What item of clothing always makes you feel eXtremely beautiful?

A nice dress, usually black, with high heeled boots.



Y: What is your favorite type of yarn?

Soft yarn? I don't really know how to answer that.


Z: Do you prefer zippers or buttons?
 
Depends on where they are. On tops and most skirts, I prefer buttons, on jeans I like zippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment