Friday, February 26, 2010

Product Review: Hard Candy Concealer

So, I've decided to write my first product review! I decided to review Hard Candy's "Nobody's Perfect" Concealer palate.


I love love love this concealer! It is cream concealer, and it comes with a concealer brush. I would recommend getting a better concealer brush, the one that comes with it isn't very good. It's usable if you don't have a better one though.
There are six different tints, and I use four of them. I use the palate with the palest shades. It comes with three different shades of skin tone colored concealer, depending on how dark or pale you are. The palate I have has a really pale one (the one I use), a medium-pale, and a more medium shade. You want to use a concealer that is a couple of shades lighter than your skin. I use the skin tone shades for under eye circles and blemishes. There are three other tints. The green one is for places where you have a lot of redness. I put it on the corners of my nostrils and the tip of my nose, I have redness there. Don't be freaked out by the green color, when you apply it and blend it in, it doesn't look green, it just neutralizes the redness in your skin. The really pale one, located under the green, is the highlighter. I use it under and in the inner corners of my eyes after applying the skin tone colored one, it really brightens up your eyes. I also put it on my brow bone, just under my eyebrows. The last one is the pinkish tint. It is used in areas you want to brighten up a bit, to give them a bit of a glow. I put it on my chin, you can also put it on the bridge of your nose, but I don't because I have too much redness there.
This is a really great product, I love the creaminess and the shades are really good. Knowing how to apply concealer properly can really make a difference to the way your makeup looks. Michelle Phan has a great tutorial about liquid, stick, and cream concealers, I would recommend watching it, especially if you plan on using more than just the basic skin tone concealer.

I would really recommend this product, it really helps cover under eye circles and blemishes, and just generally helps to brighten the complexion.
I hope my review has been helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment